Lisa Bennett, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator * (925)330-4643 * stampinghut@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Designer Wallet (I love Coach!)

Attention Fashionistas! Now you can get the designer look for less ... using Stampin' Up! products, of course!

Everyone who knows me knows I love designer purses *almost* as much as I love stamping, so of course I had to try and make a paper version of my favorite Coach wallet!

Can you tell which one is made out of paper? =)


Supply List:
  • Craft Ink: Close to Cocoa
  • Card Stock: Basic Black, Pale Plum
  • Tools: Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack
  • Adhesive: Sticky Strip and your choice of Anywhere Glue Stick or Tombow Multi-Purpose
  • Accessories: Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware (retired*), Velcro fastener (from your local store).
*Since the hodgepodge hardware I used on the closure is retired, you can easily substitute a Jumbo Eyelet in Antique Brass (Item 108431) or the Jumbo Designer Hardware (Item 114348)!


Tips:

  • Use the paper piercing tool and a mat pack to punch evenly spaced holes in a straight line.
  • Draw in the stitches with a Close to Cocoa Craft stampin' spot and a dried out pen. (Click here for a video tutorial on this technique.) Close to Cocoa gives a subtler look to the stitching than a white gel pen does.
  • Don't sell your cards with the Coach logo on them because you could get into copyright trouble!

I love to share my designs with everyone, so please link back to me or give credit if you use this design! Thanks so much!

Click here to place a Stampin' Up! order!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Real creative!! I love it!

Robbie
www.stampingwithrobbie.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Thanks Robbie!