Lisa Bennett, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator * (925)330-4643 * stampinghut@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2009

A New Way to do Faux Stitching (Video Tutorial)



Hi everyone! When my gel pen ran out of ink in the middle of doing some faux stitching, I came up with a workaround using a White Craft Pad. Watch the video and let me know what you think of this technique! (I shot this with my digital camera so I apologize for the image quality.)

You can use any dried-out ballpoint pen for this technique, I just happened to use a dried-out gel pen because I had one.

Also, keep in mind that you aren't limited to using a White Craft Pad. How cool would it be to do some faux stitching in Old Olive or Real Red on your Christmas cards??? You can use any color, just as long as you use Craft ink!!!

P.S. For those of you who are wondering what 'faux stitching' is, what you do is punch a line of holes with a paper piercer and then connect the dots with a gel pen. It really looks like you used a sewing machine!

Hope you're having a great day!

Click here to place a Stampin' Up! order.

0 comments: