Lisa Bennett, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator * (925)330-4643 * stampinghut@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Botanicals (Pals Paper Arts - PPA9)

This week's Pals Paper Arts challenge is to make a card based on this inspiration photo from a Pottery Barn Catalog. (I love their furniture!)

As soon as I saw the inspiration photo, I knew I wanted to use the Botanicals stamp set, an old favorite of mine that was retired a few years ago. I picked Always Artichoke and More Mustard as my main colors and Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red as the accent colors.

You might have noticed that my card is missing the usual bells and whistles. Well, lately I've been throwing ribbon and brads on nearly all of my cards and I wanted to remind myself that keeping things simple can be better! So I decided to challenge myself further by limiting myself to just ONE embellishment. I chose to use Stampin' Dimensionals on each of the four corners of the More Mustard square.

Did you know you can make 9 of these cards in a just few minutes by filling up a single piece of 12x12 Very Vanilla cardstock with stamped leaves and then trimming it into 3x3 squares? It's called the One Sheet Wonder technique and I will show you how to do this technique at my World Card Making Day class on Saturday, October 3. Hope to see you there!

Click here to shop Stampin' Up! online!

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

;ove how you stamped the leaves.........pretty card.....

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

Beautiful card! Love that set!

Ann Schach said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors that you used. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

This is so beautiful, Lisa! I love the simple simplicity of it! So pretty! Great job with the Inspiration Challenge!

Mary Fish said...

Congrats on being a Pals Paper Arts top pick this week. Your layered leaves are lovely and a perfect interpretation of the inspiration photo colors. Hugs, M