Lisa Bennett, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator * (925)330-4643 * stampinghut@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Card #2 and #3 for Tuesday night card class on October 26, 2010

Here are two more cards for Tuesday night's card class.  As of right now, 7 people have signed up, so we still have a few more spaces left.  Please see my October 20 blog entry for more information on my weekly card classes and a photo of the other card we will be making!


Frankenstein Card
This adorable Frankenstein card was made with the Sizzix Big Shot machine and the Top Note Bigz die.  This card was inspired by a tutorial by BJ Peters that was on the Stampin' Up! demonstrator website last year.  If you were reading my blog last Halloween, you might remember that I made a card very similar to this one.  But I changed the color scheme and made a few changes to his eyes and I think he looks even cuter now!  The gold brad allows the card to swing open, revealing the message "a tasty sweet for trick or treat!" from the Seasonal Sentiments stamp set. 


Mittens Punch Art Card

Here is the Christmas card we will be making on Tuesday night! The "winter wonderland" sentiment is from the Bright Christmas stamp set and the snowflakes on this card are embossed using the Big Shot and the Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

I was inspired by the row of hanging mittens in the A Cute Christmas stamp set (shown below for reference). I originally wanted to stamp those mittens on this card but I kept thinking the mittens were too small relative to the size of the embossed snowflakes.  So to solve this problem, I made a larger pair of mittens using my oval punches and Real Red card stock!  Then I added 5/8" silver tinsel and Candy Cane designer series paper on the trim. 


Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Sally Jercha said...

LOVE THIS!! OMG! Stealing idea...now!