Lisa Bennett, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator * (925)330-4643 * stampinghut@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tuesday Night Card Class: July 12 photos


If you have ever read through the supply lists for the cards I design, you'll notice that I generally stick with one stamp set plus one greeting or background set.  For my color schemes, I select two or three coordinating colors of card stock plus one neutral (whisper white or very vanilla) and then I use the matching ink pads.  The Color Coach tool has been instrumental in helping me color coordinate my projects.  I rely on it every week!  I also draw inspiration from the colors used in the Designer Series Paper packs.

Here are cards from the July 12 card class! 


This birthday card features some of new embossing folders in the 2011-12 Idea Book & Catalog.  I love how the Extra-Large Oval Punch fits *perfectly* in the oval from the Designer Frames embossing folders set.

Stamps: Patterned Party, Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess)
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Card Stock: Pool Party, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Big Shot: Designer Frames, Stripes
Punches: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Extra-Large Oval


The very popular Pennant Parade stamp set features a variety of triangles which coordinate with our Petite Pennants Builders punch.  An upside-down triangle makes a perfect ice cream cone!  The scoop of ice cream was created with the Cupcake Builder Punch

Stamps: Pennant Parade; Dot, Dot, Dot
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink
Card Stock: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla
Punches: Petite Pennants Builders, Scallop Edge Border, Word Window, Cupcake Builder, 1" Circle, 3/4" Circle
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine


Toni asked me if I could design a card with the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set and I was happy to oblige!  Use half of a Stampin Dimensional on each wing to make the punched butterfly appear to be flying off the paper!


Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly

Ink: More Mustard, So Saffron
Card Stock: More Mustard, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, So Saffron (textured)
Designer Series Paper: Pocketful of Posies
Punches: Butterfly, Lace Ribbon Border
Big Shot: Little Leaves
Accessories:Stampin' Dimensionals, Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched Poly Ribbon

0 comments: