Lisa Bennett, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator * (925)330-4643 * stampinghut@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chic Challenges (CC01)

Hey everyone!  I am so excited to share that I am a designer for a brand new bi-weekly sketch challenge called Chic Challenges.  New sketches will post on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month.  These sketches are designed to jump start your creativity and I hope you'll all play along with me!

Here is my first card design for Chic Challenges:


And here is the sketch I used as a template for my design! 


HELPFUL TIPS:  
  • Use a sponge dauber and your favorite ink pad to dye the white Tea Lace Paper Doilies in any shade!  On my card, I used Summer Starfruit to add a pop of color. (It's been sunny and warm here in Orange County, California, so Summer Starfruit seemed appropriate!)
  • Emboss your designer series papers with the Honeycomb embossing folder, then use your Paper Snips to cut out individual hexagons.
  • Do you have problems with color coordination? I love to use the Designer Series Paper and Simply Scrappin' section of my annual catalog as a resource.  The coordinating colors are listed for each paper package.  For example, Birds of a Feather Designer Series Paper coordinates with: Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, and Whisper White.  You'll notice I used several of these colors on my card!  

SUPPLIES:
  • Stamps: Oh, Hello
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Summer Starfruit
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
  • Designer Series Paper: Birds of a Feather
  • Big Shot: Honeycomb embossing folder, 3" Circle Originals Die
  • Accessories: Tea Lace Paper Doilies, Sponge Daubers, Paper Piercer, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Snips



2 comments:

Ashlee Townsend said...

Love, Love your card Lisa!! You did such a great job!!
-Ashlee

Wanda said...

Great card! I love how you colored the doilies - haven't tried that method yet but you make me want to play!